Hello Folks,

I have been tasked to select our functional, web automation tool. I am
of course biased towards Watir (in fact,  as a long time fan/promoter
I've already been moving in this direction for a few days) but our
current project is in Grails/Groovy and there is a Selenium plugin
that already exists.

The top browsers we would like to support are: IE, Firefox and Safari.
There is a big push towards Safari as that is also the default browser
for mobile applications for the iphone.

My question is: How robust/functional is Safari Watir these days? Can
I tell my team/superiors not to worry that our "Watir" scripts will
work with Safari via SafariWatir? I'm nervous that this is not the
case. I know I can probably get some basic scripts working...but where
will it break down?

Does Webdriver cover Safari? (Webdriver is new since I've been back to
watir/ruby scripting).

Not supporting the Safari browser well could break my ability to
choose Watir. Please advise.

Are there any other gotchas that anyone else can see base on my
scenario?

Thanks for your help,
Lauren



-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to