I should clarify.  QC won't be going away.  It's going to remain the
repository for manual test cases from which we'll create automation.  We
use watir-webdriver as opposed to QTP in the cases where our tests are
browser based.  My concern is that if we have the test cases in QC and then
we create automated watir test cases using cucumber, that we now
essentially have two test cases that need to be maintained.  I'm trying to
think of a more intelligent way for them to work together.

Dan