I can see both sides of this one. As a legality, Andy does certainly have
the right to protect his name, and to see his name used for political
purposes would be one of those cases where I can see why he would want to
step in. I had someone make mocking, derogatory images of my website and
post them to a Mayberry list, and I certainly made every effort to squelch
that.

But when you see folks in Mayberry acting petty and heavy handed because
they THINK someone MIGHT be POSSIBLY getting in on a little of their action,
it is ugly to see them turn petty and even vindictive. It certainly is not
the way Andy would have handled things on the show, is it? Too bad real life
rarely imitates "The Andy Griffith Show." Maybe Hollywood has taken its toll
on more folks than just Andy...

Flora