Jac,

As others have mentioned, a plasma screen will have at the minimum an
S-video input connector; however, you'll have to get audio from
somewhere, too.  If your laptop is fairly recent, it very likely may
already have an S-video connector on it, so you'll just need a cable.
You can grab audio from the sound card output jack.

Otherwise, you may need a SVGA video to TV adaptor.  We used one of
these to drive several large TV monitors for a large conference.
They're okay, but not great.

One thing I haven't seen anyone else mention is that plasma screens, if
they're designed for TV viewing, aren't going to have a great
resolution.  In other words, if your presentation is over 800x600 in
size it's going to be unreadable.  We had one system that was barely
readable at 640x480.  For NTSC video (USA), 440 x 480 is the maximum
usable resolution; the brain fills in the rest of the detail,
particularly color detail.  You might want to read
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/vidres.htm.  Some European nations
(notably UK and Germany) use PAL format which has a higher resolution
but slower frame refresh (50Hz vs. 60Hz).  France and a few other
countries use SECAM format which is similar to PAL.  Whichever one is
used where you are, though, is still going to look fuzzy compared to a
good PC monitor.

Good luck - share your adventure when you get it running!  :-)

Tim
Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP