-----Original Message-----
From: michael ensor

on a related topic, I habitually surf with prompts for activeX permissions (
I gave up on the cookies, I now wipe the baddies after each session )  and
am driven mad by the continual requests I get from many sites, including
windows but I suppose that everyone gets them now...but it does raise an
issue .........

if you incorporate 'technology' into a web site which is known to be
insecure are you protected by the exclusions the end user had to agree to
when they downloaded the software, or should we incorporate similar
provisions into the tac's or is it a case of use at your own risk.....

apart from having a very bad Friday...I have been bombarded today by emails,
from a broken and discontinued mailing list, which have been disclosing
peoples email addresses in clear breach of the local privacy laws.... just
an example of what can go wrong.........

what if a web page gets hijacked and phishes people instead of just defacing
the page....

(I told you I was having a bad day........lol)