Several points. Neither your xhtml nor css validate. The xhtml  issues
have to do with tables in css. Tables do not behave exactly the same way
when css designed. The validator indicates you have an element a p tag
where one is not allowed.

Also you failed to specify units for sizes. This is a minor error but a
common one.

Your css is performing an import loop. Your first line in default.css is
@import="default.css";. You are importing the file into itself.

Also <div align="center"> is not valid css. You need a class specifying
text-align:center.

The nav links are set to specified size (7em), which is perfectly fine. It
does however result in a fixed size menu bar which is clearly left aligned
in higher screen resolutions. You might want to consider padding-left on
the nav menu.

Realize also that having set font size in body at 73%, your h1 is 125% of
73%. Font size is relative to the containing unit.

Don't have NS to compare with since I'm in training for exchange and I'm
therefore limited to the world of ms. And exccept for the nav bar, it
looks ok for a small font site.

drew