Thank you Ross. I have started e-mails to them but ended up never sending them. That was probably a mistake!!

Riva

Ross Clutterbuck wrote:
Riva

If I were you I'd politely decline to continue the project on teh grounds that it is incresing difficult and costly for you to operate with such internal conflict on what this project is supposed to entail. Their decision-making process is beyond your scope as a developer and until such time they can approach you with a fixed and definitive brief then it is achieveing nothing except waste your time and money, a cost of which, naturally, you have no choice but to pass on to them.

Furthermore the design choices being made, irrespective of your PROFESSIONAL advice, will ultimately serve only to destroy any professional image and credibility this company may have already. As a developer you must deliver what the client wants. Should that client make choices that will be of a determent to them, you take pride in your work and have a professional and personal responsibility to inform them of these facts and provide your expertise. At the end of the day, if the client knew what they were doing they wouldn't have hired you.

So put the ball back into their court: either recoup the wasted time and inform them that you will continue to do so while they in-fight, stand your ground and let them they're going to make themselves look ridiculous if they continue down this route, or pull the plug on the grounds of professional disagreement.

Unless they're willing to keep paying you for the time and energy they're wasting here, this job and this client are not worth the headaches and associating yourself with what will end up as a 1998 high school Frontpage job.

MOU