On 2009/03/05 10:02 (GMT-0500) r937 composed:

> i've been on multiple forums for between 7 and 9 years, and forums are more
> member-friendly than mailing lists

I frequent only one web forum, and that only because there is no alternative
in existence.

The many web forums I have visited are among the most unfriendly web sites in
existence. Almost without exception they size text in px or pt, and in tiny
or smaller sizes, in columns that produce much too long line lengths. The few
that don't use px or pt text sizing invariably size content text at .76em or
smaller, usually much smaller. Usually all input and textarea boxes are too
short and/or too narrow for comfortable composition, if not normally at least
after zooming the requisite 3-4 times to get big enough text.

Both Usenet and mailing lists are far superior to all forums I've visited.

Setting up a mailing list on Google & Yahoo Groups is free. Both forum and
mailing list could be set up, and the mods could compare to see which is
actually more popular for this membership.
--
"The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely
as haste leads to poverty."     Proverbs 21:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:subscribe-wdvlt...@intm-dl.sparklist.com or