2009/4/17 James Y Knight <f...@fuhm.net>:
> On Apr 16, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure we ended up with a final answer on all of this, but I
>> don't want to hold up mod_wsgi 3.0, which includes Python 3.0 support,
>> any longer. As such, am implementing things as per:
>>
>>  http://www.wsgi.org/wsgi/Amendments_1.0
>>
>> with exception that will not be attempting to do decoding per RFC
>> 2047. Any CGI variables not related to HTTP headers will also be
>> handled as latin-1, including SCRIPT_NAME, PATH_INFO and QUERY_STRING.
>> This should be equivalent with what wsgiref does in Python 3.X and
>> basically keeps the status quo.
>>
>> If anyone has any last things to say on all of this, please speak up now.
>

> IMO it would make more sense to have the headers be bytes instead of strings
> decoded/encoded with latin-1, but it's not a huge deal...

It is a huge deal in as much as we don't use any sort of formal voting
process here and for better or worse, rely on consensus. If there is
anyone who has countering views and we don't as a group come up with
some formal statement about how things should be done, then it makes
it very hard for the likes of Robert and myself who need to implement
the thing. So, we need to deal with the different views people have
and balance them up and make a decision. Until I feel there is some
sort of official decision one way or another, I can't release any
code.

Graham