Hi stifan,
I just wanted to share my recent experience with vue.js and web2py.
At first I didn't want to give up things like sqlform.
Then I tried to tweak the form generated by web2py with el1=form.element(...)
to get a reference to the html element I wanted to add certain vue.js
directives like v-if, v-model, ...
It was so easy as:
el1["_v-if"]="something"

It works but later I realized that it was not practical because I the logic
spread between the controller, with the form generation, and vue.js directives,
then the html view where I had more vue.js directives and components, and the
main js vue controller.

As I didn't want to renounce to the look and feel of web2py, because I just
needed a very dynamic function made in vue, and the rest of the application
could be made the traditional way with web2py, I resorted to generating just
once the form with web2py and copying manually the resulting html code to the
html view, and that way I just have to work with the html view and the JS code
as usual in vue.js apps.
With regard to passing data from the controller to vue.js, you can use
{{=ASSIGNJS(key1=val1, key2=val2, ...)}} in your view and you will get those
keys available as global vars in JavaScript with the needed translations to
JSON in case you use complex values as lists, dicts, ...

If anybody found a better way to integrate the things, please let us know.

Hope this helps.
Best regards.