On Saturday, 30 March 2019 02:26:22 UTC-7, 黄祥 wrote:

> on github :
>
>    - request, response objects are from bottle (
>    https://bottlepy.org/docs/dev/)
>
> what is different web2py and bottle in terms of request and response ?
> plus minus between it?

slightly different syntax. bottle request is faster if accessed often.

>    - unlike web2py, web3py does not use custom import or eval
>
> is custom import is same like import from modules folders in web2py app ?

custom import makes sure that for every app web2py first looks in the
app/modules folder. This causes some modules to break if they are designed
to only work when pip installed. the new design should have these problem
because does not mess with imports (at least not at the same level)

> is eval same like in python ?

we do not use eval but in web2py we execute modules instead of importing
them. This is not the case in web3py.

> ref:
> http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/02/the-python-language#exec-eval
>
>    - dynamic module reloading is only partially supported
>
> then what about dynamic module reload in this term ?

In web2py we do not realod the modules. we reimport them at every request.
this causes a performance penalty and is only needed in development.
web3py (current version) uses bottle.run(reload=True) which reloads the
module if they change but crashes the whole thing if there is an import
error. There is a better way and I am working on it.