On Sep 12, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Hugh Barker wrote:

> This is my db.py:
>
> from gluon.tools import Service
>
> db = DAL('postgres://postgres:@server/geospatial')
> response.generic_patterns = ['*']
> service = Service()

Nothing jumps out at me. As a sanity check, you might try copying
views/generic.html to views/default/getsensors.html and verify that it works as
expected that way. If it doesn't work, at least it'd tell us that things were
seriously strange (and if it does work you'd have a workaround).

If you feel like troubleshooting, try this.

In gluon/compileapp.py, find run_view_in. A local string badv is defined early
on, which is the path you see below in the error message. Leave that definition
along, but search forward for the two double uses of badv, in a pair of raise
statements. I'm assuming that you haven't compiled your app? No
appname/compiled/ directory? In that case we want the second raise.

Just before the raise, insert: badv = filename

We *should* see a full path ending views/generic.html.