Hi Allan,

I've forwarded your comments and those of others internally at Apple. I won't do #2 for moment. I'd still appreciate any other input on this point.


On Jul 24, 2007, at 11:05 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 01:51, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
1) We will continue to accept only code that's licensed under a BSD-
style (no advertising clause) license, or LGPL 2.1, or other
compatible license. We don't want to accept code that's LGPL 3 only,
as that would make the whole project LGPL 3.

I think continuing to require "LGPL 2 or later" would be the most sane and
most compatible.

2) We'd like to change the copyright notices from their current mix of
"LGPL 2 or any later version" and "LGPL 2.1 or any later version" to
just LGPL 2.1, to make this clear. This one is maybe more debatable,
so I'd like to know if anyone objects. It would prevent incorporating
WebKit code into LGPL 3 projects, and would require sign-off from all
copyright holders to ever change to a different LGPL version in the
future (in case the FSF came out with a version 3.1 or 4 that solved
some of the problems with v3).

I object. I would like to reserve the right to integrate WebKit with LGPL 3
projects like future KDE libs.

Though since we are talking LGPL the linking-issues are not that problematic, it would still make it easier if the project continued to include the "or
later" clause.

webkit-dev mailing list

webkit-dev mailing list

Reply via email to