Since our systems are not real-time, saying 'hi-res timer' and 'event
dispatching' together may need some clarification.
Lets say we set delay=0.001 - but not every system can guarantee that the
timer event will fire at precise 1 ms interval. So it can "skip a bit" or
fire at longer delay, then continue at 1 and so on. Some systems may skip
more then a bit :-) That's why popular way to implement animations is to
request high frequency callback and query hi-res timer from the handler for
actual advance calculation...
The spec could explicitly point that out ('delay' -> 'delayAtLeast' ?), and
perhaps recommend to use Date() in the event handler to see what is the
actual time of firing, or have an 'eventTime' property on an Event object.

On a separate note, it almost feels that just adding
invokeAsSoonAsPossible(handler) that is equivalent to unclamped
setTimeout(..., 0) could be all that's needed.

Dmitry

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Justin Haygood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Dmitry