On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:

>> Please correct me if I'm misinformed, but it's been three months since
>> this issue was first raised, and it doesn't sound like they've been
>> writing those tests or are happy to do so, and despite people asking
>> on this thread, they haven't been listing the kinds of tests they
>> think they need.
>

> I don't think anyone else had suggested adding tests as an option or set a
> deadline until I suggested yesterday (or when I did in my original reply to
> the thread). In fact, since Ami posted his reply on October 26th 1:20AM
> (PST), many contributors from non-PST timezones haven't even had a chance to
> read his post during normal business hours.
>
> Given that I'd think it's totally unreasonable to land the patch as is
> without giving people reasonable amount of time (~one week) to respond to
> this thread.

Both you and Eric U suggesting adding new tests for this in the
original thread on 8/9; in fact, this whole issue got a fair amount of
discussion then, and this round hasn't really added anything new.

I'm happy to wait a little longer if others want to come up with some
other suggestions; I apologize if my previous response sounded like I
was throwing down a gauntlet or otherwise not open to ideas; that was
definitely not my intent.

Rather, I was attempting to say that unless someone else has other
ideas, the right path forward seems fairly clear to me and that I
intended to proceed down it.

Does that seem more reasonable to you?

-- Dirk