On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Elliott Sprehn <espr...@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I agree this is a good change but it appears that we should add more
>> > cache/loader tests before changing DRT's behavior given that there are
>> > active contributors who rely on the current DRT behaviors to detect
>> > regressions.
>> >

>> Can we add a flag to control this behavior? Then Antti could run the
>> tests without cache clearing when modifying things possibly related to
>> the cache code. We could even run a separate cr-linux bot like we do
>> for debug builds.
>

> I think having a set of tests that tests loaders/caches explicitly is more
> useful.

I think having a set of tests for loaders and caches would be more
useful as well, but I don't think it's fair to make that a requirement
to changing the default behavior here, especially since it's not clear
who all would be best suited to writing those tests or what the extent
of that work is.

I think Eliot's suggestion is a good one. I think the overall cost to
the project by having flakiness in the tests probably outweighs the
value we get in mysterious additional coverage, and it seems like
having a flag would be a good compromise.

-- Dirk