From: ext Benjamin Poulain <benja...@webkit.org<mailto:benja...@webkit.org>>
This is the situation I am afraid with a solution where pixels would be
evaluated from JavaScript. You can test, but you lack visibility why something
is correct or incorrect. Text tests, ref-tests and pixel tests have a great
readability, you can quickly evaluate their correctness. This is important in
my opinion, I don't think we want more opaque output like the RenderTree dump.

I am not against your plan if the readability of the tests can be good. I'd be
happy to review patches toward testing dynamic changes in webpages.
We're on the same page. I'm afraid of the same thing… Let's talk specifics when
a patch is available to review.