Oops, forgot to reply to the list.

From: Noam Rosenthal <noam.rosent...@nokia.com<mailto:noam.rosent...@nokia.com>>
From: ext Simon Fraser <simon.fra...@apple.com<mailto:simon.fra...@apple.com>>
The existing pauseAnimation DRT API can stop an animation mid-flight, to allow
for reliable snapshotting. Why isn't this enough?
I would say that the main things that are missing are:

  1.  Sample and compare several images in the same test
  2.  Sample images "heuristically", e.g. sample that a green box is "close
enough" to a particular location – A full ImageDiff is very rigid in that way.
  3.  Sample images mid-flight without pausing. Pausing can mess with animation
timing and thus skew the results.

I don't have a full list of what's missing – but I know for sure that when
trying to hunt mid-flight bugs in the past I was not able to create sufficient
tests with the current DRT tools.