> On Aug 29, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Geoffrey Garen <gga...@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I see. The right question to ask would have been how much change occurs in
>> their working copy between consecutive incremental builds.
>
> If you want to help make our benchmark righter, please do share any data you
> have about the average content of an incremental build that is distinct from
> a daily svn up.

Here is the data from three WebKit contributors surveyed today. For each
contributor, each line corresponds to a single consecutive incremental build
they’ve performed today, and the number shown is the number of files that were
compiled in that build:

41
4
1
2
1
1

1
1

4
7

4
58

5
27

3
23

4
61

5
3

7
75

1
2

6
1

4
2

4
1

4
47

5

3

I hope this helps. It certainly gives me an idea of what a righter benchmark
would be.