>>> CMake can generate Xcode files, so you can still develop and debug in Xcode.
>>
>> This annihilates speed up possibility, as xcodebuild will be used instead of
>> ninja
>
> I don’t think so. I believe the generated Xcode project uses CMake when
> building.

Per Keith's original e-mail, the plan is to add native support for unified
build in WebKit Xcode projects, not relying on CMake in any way.

I have a separate question about the unified build plan though. Are we clear on
how it will work with using declarations and directives in the global scope of
.cpp and .mm files? We use these a lot, all over the place.

- Alexey