> On Feb 16, 2020, at 12:39 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com> wrote:
>

> There hasn’t been any feedback on this, so below is a proposed change (in
> PrettyPatch HTML format) to <https://webkit.org/project/
> <https://webkit.org/project/>>.
>
> In addition to adding Privacy as a goal, I also added Battery Life, and
> tweaked a few of the existing goals.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> project-new.html
>
>  32<h4><a name="privacy"></a>Privacy</h4>
>  33<p>Users want their privacy respected. We avoid directly violating the
> user's privacy, and strive to prevent websites and other parties from doing
> so.</p>

The term “directly violating” sounds a little soft. Do we not care about
indirect privacy violations?

I don’t know the right wording to use, but I would like to say something along
the lines of:

“Users want their privacy respected. We avoid violating the user’s privacy, and
strive to prevent websites and other parties form doing so, too. We view the
UserAgent’s primary responsibility to be protecting the interests of the user.
We therefore do not support or intend to implement web standards that are at
odds with these goals, or that create mechanisms to fingerprint or otherwise
monitor user behavior.”

Thanks,

-Brent