On 30/03/2021 06:15, Ivan Krutov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for all the great work you are doing.
>
> We are providing browser automation solutions (Selenium WebDriver and
> related technologies). In browser automation one of the most complicated
> browsers to automate are browsers from Apple and a truly scalable
> approach is to run everything under Linux. This is where WebKitGTK
> project providing MiniBrowser and respective Selenium WebDriver looks
> very promising.
>
> Browser automation is mainly being used for testing purposes, e.g.
> making sure that your web application works in browser X correctly.
> Because of that the main requirement is to run all tests in exact
> browser version. In case of Apple browsers we know an exact version of
> WebKit being used in Safari or Safari Mobile. Did not find the way of
> building WebkitGTK against an exact version of WebKit. My questions are:
>
> 1) Is there any mapping between WebKitGTK versions and WebKit versions?
> Did not even find WebKit version information in release tarball.

Yes, you can find on the WiKi the version from WebKit where each stable
release is branched from:

https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.26.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.28.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.30.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.32.x
[.. etc ..]

^^^ Look where it says "We branched at rxxxxx". That is the SVN version
from where we branched WebKit for that specific stable release.

> 2) Is there any way of updating WebKit to some exact version before
> building the source code?

Yes. You can build WebKitGTK directly from the WebKit source tree (SVN
or Git mirror). Simply checkout the version you want and build WebKitGTK
as usual.

> 3) We need to provide support for accepting self-signed TLS certificates
> in MiniBrowser. We investigated source code of the WebDriver for
> MiniBrowser and it seems that you already have support for
> acceptInsecureCerts Selenium capability. However in release 2.28.2 this
> feature is not working. Could you please suggest a WebKitGTK version
> where it should work?

You can pass to the MiniBrowser the command-line switch
"--ignore-tls-errors" and that will it make any error with certificates.

Regarding WebDriver support for acceptInsecureCerts not sure which
version started supporting it, but I suggest trying with the last one
(2.32.0 currently)