Best regards,
Ivan Krutov
Aerokube team.

31.03.2021, 07:31, "Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez" <clo...@igalia.com>:

On 30/03/2021 06:15, Ivan Krutov wrote:

 Hi,

 Thank you for all the great work you are doing.

 We are providing browser automation solutions (Selenium WebDriver and
 related technologies). In browser automation one of the most complicated
 browsers to automate are browsers from Apple and a truly scalable
 approach is to run everything under Linux. This is where WebKitGTK
 project providing MiniBrowser and respective Selenium WebDriver looks
 very promising.

 Browser automation is mainly being used for testing purposes, e.g.
 making sure that your web application works in browser X correctly.
 Because of that the main requirement is to run all tests in exact
 browser version. In case of Apple browsers we know an exact version of
 WebKit being used in Safari or Safari Mobile. Did not find the way of
 building WebkitGTK against an exact version of WebKit. My questions are:

 1) Is there any mapping between WebKitGTK versions and WebKit versions?
 Did not even find WebKit version information in release tarball.

Yes, you can find on the WiKi the version from WebKit where each stable
release is branched from:

https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.26.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.28.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.30.x
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/2.32.x
[.. etc ..]

^^^ Look where it says "We branched at rxxxxx". That is the SVN version
from where we branched WebKit for that specific stable release.

 2) Is there any way of updating WebKit to some exact version before
 building the source code?

Yes. You can build WebKitGTK directly from the WebKit source tree (SVN
or Git mirror). Simply checkout the version you want and build WebKitGTK
as usual.

 3) We need to provide support for accepting self-signed TLS certificates
 in MiniBrowser. We investigated source code of the WebDriver for
 MiniBrowser and it seems that you already have support for
 acceptInsecureCerts Selenium capability. However in release 2.28.2 this
 feature is not working. Could you please suggest a WebKitGTK version
 where it should work?

You can pass to the MiniBrowser the command-line switch
"--ignore-tls-errors" and that will it make any error with certificates.

Regarding WebDriver support for acceptInsecureCerts not sure which
version started supporting it, but I suggest trying with the last one
(2.32.0 currently)

 Best regards,
 Ivan Krutov
 Aerokube team.