On 14/11/2007, at 3:45 AM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

On 13.11.2007, at 00:59, Lachlan Deck wrote:

I'm finding that log4j doesn't seem to be picking up changes to the
log properties file at runtime. I've got my log4j properties defined
in a file that's referenced in
er.extensions.ERXProperties.OptionalConfigurationFiles... so
presumably these aren't being reloaded.

You can change log4j settings at runtime with the log4j direct action:

/wa/er.extensions.ERXDirectAction/log4j

if you add a link in your wrapper component that shows only in development, you have a convenient way of changing log4j settings during runtime.

Hmm. Security hole?

I'm just wanting it to pick up the changes I make to the properties file (like regularly configured log4j does)... is this possible?

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck