On 14/11/2007, at 4:20 PM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

On 13.11.2007, at 22:03, Lachlan Deck wrote:

Hmm. Security hole?

In development? Rarely. It works only in development or if you provide a password.

I'm just wanting it to pick up the changes I make to the properties file (like regularly configured log4j does)... is this possible?

Not sure whether you have it reload the Properties

I take it then that Wonder doesn't re-read Properties files (from apps and frameworks) at some interval. Sounds like a TODO.

, but you can use the systemProperty direct action to push a value into the running app. Look at ERXDirectAction for docs.

Not wanting to push single properties... just edit file/save... log4j picks it up.

PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("path/to/file"); // would do the trick

So to override ERXLogger. is it just a matter of changing the following property?
log4j.loggerFactory=er.extensions.ERXLogger$Factory

Are there any other stuff at play in Wonder for logging configuration?

Thanks.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck