Hello Joe;

I think this problem may be slightly different as it is not necessarily to do with PK's. My understanding is that "OpenBasePKPlugIn" is there to get EOF to use the OPENBASE PK- generation scheme rather than EO_PK_TABLE.

cheers.

I think I ran into the exact problem you mentioned about the deadlock in OpenBase 10 using the default primary key generation. Scott Keith advised me to compile the WO apps against the OpenBasePKPlugin.framework which uses the OpenBaseJDBC.jar and, even under heavy load, I've never had a problem using OB 10 with the plugin. I just had to add a single line to my Application.java: JDBCPlugIn .setPlugInNameForSubprotocol ("com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.OpenBasePKPlugIn", "openbase");

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.lindesay.co.nz