Okay. Than i will go and break the WebObject's curious defaults and compile it myself with a higher limit :)

Thanks for the thoughts!

Am 24.08.2011 um 16:49 schrieb John Huss:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net> wrote:

On 2011-08-24, at 1:40 AM, Paul Dunkler wrote:

> Hi out there,
>
> we a re currently facing problems with our WebObjects deployment which has grown very much in the last time.
> The problem is, that we want to connect more than 16 Servers to the Adaptor, which is not possible because the adaptor has an hard-coded limit on 16 app-servers.
>
> Is there anyone out there which such a big deployment? What is your solution for handling this problem?
> One possibility would be compiling the adaptor myself and setting the hard-coded limit to 20 or some, but i thank that is not really the right way.

I think that is what people usually do.

So why is the limit 16 by default then? Just curious...

This email sent to paul.dunk...@xyrality.com

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Paul Dunkler

XYRALITY GmbH • Lerchenstraße 28a • 22767 Hamburg
Paul Dunkler • Softwareentwickler
Mail: paul.dunk...@xyrality.com
Tel: +49 (0) 40 23 51 78 97
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 11624143
Fax: +49 (0) 40 23 51 78 98
Web: http://www.xyrality.com/
Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 115332
Geschäftsführer: Sven Ossenbrüggen & Alexander Spohr