On 17/11/2011, at 10:08 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:34 AM, Paul Hoadley wrote:
>
>> Say I have two entities, User and Role, and a joining entity UserRole to
>> create a many-to-many relationship between them.  So I have a relationship
>> 'userRoles' from User to UserRole (and a relationship 'userRoles' from Role
>> back to UserRole).  I flatten the relationship on User, so I also have a
>> 'roles' relationship on that entity.
>
> Wait. "Also"?!? That's insane. That's two distinct relationships representing
> the same DB information, and one is hiding a huge piece of the action. You
> are just asking for trouble.

User.userRoles is not a class property.  All that's exposed is the flattened
User.roles.

I don't _think_ I'm talking about anything particularly unusual here, just the
standard result of creating a many-to-many relationship with Entity Modeler,
with a join entity and "Flatten relationships" checked.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/