Hello All:

I have a relationship sth like:

Product(productId) <-> LineItem(productId)

I am using ERMD2WEditToOneTypeAhead on the attribute Product.productNumber on a
CreateLineItem page. But I’ve also got a rule for keyWhenRelationship like:

100 : smartRelationship.destinationEntity.name = ‘Product' =>
keyWhenRelationship = "d2wProductDisplayWhenRelationship"
[com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]

where Product.d2wProductDisplayWhenRelationship returns a concatenated string
that gives a more complete description of the product. Previously, this worked
to only display items where Product.productNumber matched the string inserted
by the user. Now it only works correctly if keyWhenRelationship=productNumber.
The problem with this is that it doesn’t give the user enough feedback about
the search results.

Also, the behavior I’m seeing is that a whole list of Product objects are
returned that do not match Product.productNumber. Which is confusing.

I haven’t had a chance to look through recent commits yet but plan to do that
later today. Just wanted to check and see - does anybody have any insight about
this?

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS