Fabian:

Nice! That rule did the trick. Thanks for responding - kept me from having to
dig more. So, I have two rules now that look like:

100 : smartRelationship.destinationEntity.name = ‘Product' =>
keyWhenRelationship = "d2wProductDisplayWhenRelationship"
[com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]
100 : smartRelationship.destinationEntity.name = ‘Product' => searchKey =
“productNumber" [com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]

Where ‘d2wProductDisplayWhenRelationship’ is a method that returns a nice
user-readable string for the objects in the search results.

Thanks for the assist!

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS