Hi there,

the EOEditing context doc pretty unequivocally says

===
By default, an editing context that has no shared editing context listens for
DefaultSharedEditingContextWasInitializedNotifications. If a notification is
posted while the context has no registered objects, the editing context sets
its shared editing context to the newly initialized default shared editing
context.
===

Should it apply for an ERXEC, too? I sort of inferred it would, but by my
testing, it does not seem so: an ERXEC I make (through
ERXEC.newEditingContext()) seems to adamantly stay without
sharedEditingContext, although the notification is posted all right (I have
observed it myself to be sure), and if there's a good ole EOEditingContext, it
indeed duly sets its sharedEC at the time.

Have I missed something of importance somewhere? The ERXEC documentation does
not say essentially anything of the sharedEC, far as I can say:

http://wonder.sourceforge.net/javadoc/er/extensions/ERXEC.html

In principle, I could work around the problem by setting the sharedEC to all my
ERXECs programmatically -- that works all right --, but it would be a lot of
work, with a danger I overlook something somewhere and got bit in the tender
parts by that...

Thanks,
OC