Hello,

> I thought Mike had achieved some good progress here around Christmas by
> choosing some slightly different font or so; I'll check with him where
> we stand and get back to you ASAP.

Indeed, I was working on this and it fell down the TODO list a bit with
LibreOffice 6.0 and FOSDEM. Sorry for that. The ticket is here:

https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/412

In short: the website currently uses the Lato font, and using Google's
hosted Lato2 doesn't help either. But if we use our own, self-hosted
Lato2, it appears to fix the problems (at least with Slovene and
Lithuanian).

Scroll down here to "Prost, odprt pisarniški paket":

http://newdesign.libreoffice.org

I pasted in Slovene and Lithuanian text and it appears to be fine in
various browsers. If there are no other objections, I can make the change...

Mike