Misha -

I balk at responding to your message given my uncertainty that this is the
appropriate forum for such complaints, but:

"Reliable" refers to an object (in this case, a distribution such as
Fedora) which may be consistently depended upon to work properly.  It does
not mean that the system requires infrequent upgrades to new releases.  In
fact, these upgrades are a part of the Fedora distribution's reliability;
in order to support the constant advance of open source technology, Fedora
moves rapidly.  Its cutting-edge approach to the world of operating systems
is clearly advertised, well-known, and part of its purpose.  One can rely
upon Fedora to serve as a dependable platform for the newest technologies
in free and open source software designed to work with the Linux kernel.

While the lower maintenance overhead required for RHEL systems is a plus
(and, indeed, one of its primary aims), this is achieved at the expense of
support for newer technologies, many of which depend on software versions
exceeding those available for, say, RHEL 6.  Though RHEL 6 continues to be
an easily maintained, secure, and stable platform, it cannot support all of
the newer technologies available for Fedora.

You are comparing two operating systems with different purposes while
holding them to the same standard of administrative ease in terms of
maintenance.  This is not a matter of reliability, but differences made
necessary by distinctions in the distributions' purposes.

The Fedora project works very hard to minimize the skill and hassle
required to keep the platform current.  It is unfortunate that you are
having difficulties, but it does not appear to me that you have been misled
into them on the basis of the phrase you quote from the Fedora site.
Typically, Fedora upgrades are smooth and relatively easy to perform.  If
you have specific difficulties, I might suggest you seek assistance on
ask.fedoraproject.org; there are lots of helpful people there (including
myself!) who work to resolve such issues on a daily basis.

-Dylan