>  > P.S.: I know this is quite a political issue, but is there a chance to
>  > change from tabs to spaces in Webware code?
>
> I think this question should go directly to Chuck, our BDFL who had been
> strongly against this in the past. I vote for a change as well.
>
> -- Christoph
What if you stayed with tabs and then added a converter, so that you can
quickly convert the tabs to the number of spaces that you want?  In fact, this
might be a good idea for a lot of free source Python projects distributed on
the web -- though I would suspect it would be better to use tabs as the default
and offer the ability to convert to space because sometimes it's possible it
might not look quite right converting a project coded for spaces to tabs.