Jeremy Kaplan wrote:
> This is good stuff.   Any idea when a 0.9.3 version will be available
> for use?   I'd like to sneak this into my current schedule, but need to
> plan for managing risk, etc.

There are still some issue on my list for the release, but I'm up to do
it very soon, maybe next weekend. And I think we'll skip a beta version
this time.

I also though about, if that version turns out to be stable, we should
publish a 1.0 version. I had planned to make some fundamental changes
before 1.0, but now I think, maybe we should publish the 1.0 first, and
then make the big changes in a new 1.1 or 2.0 branch. So contrary to the
usual software practice, we would have a stable 1.0 ;-)

One of the larger changes I had in mind was requiring Python 2.3 or 2.4
(currently Webware is backward compatible down to Python 2.0!) and then
getting rid of a lot of workarounds and ballast and suboptimal code. But
this will also bring in new instability, so now I think this should be
done after version 1.0. Your thoughts?

-- Chris