I have been tinkering to create an extension to integrate to OpsGenie, a cloud
based alerting engine. See https://www.opsgenie.com.
What does the extension do?
1. Send Heartbeats to OpsGenie. So if weewx goes down for some reason, or hangs
in a driver, you get an alert from OpsGenie once the Heartbeat times out.
Default is to send Heartbeats every 5 min. (I also send Heartbeats from my web
server as well, so I know all parts of my Weewx install are up and alive)
2. Send alerts to OpsGenie based on custom expressions. My use case is to get
an alert to the Mrs as soon as it starts raining - and yes, since I now use a
local radar based rain sensor
this is as soon as it starts raining as I have the rain output coming into
Weewx via a frequency input of the data logger (no waiting for a bucket tip).
The extension zip package is at
The code can be found at
https://github.com/dcapslock/weewx/tree/master/extensions/opsgenie where you
can view the read me. The extension is a specialisation of the core RESTful
IMPORTANT: If you wish to give it a go you need the latest restx.py which was
committed today. This is why I am sharing just in development group for now.
1. Does the extension cut the mustard as far as installer etc.?
2. Where to commit this code. Leave it in my own fork or can we commit back to
master weewx as an extension?
3. If an extension needs master weewx code to be patched, what is the best way
to do? Include a patch in the extension installer, assuming it will be updated
by a future update as well?