Vince,

OpsGenie give you a taste for the first 30 says (I think). Then it reverts to
the free plan as shown at https://www.opsgenie.com/pricing (Click see more
details). The free plan is ample with 2 users. The only handy thing for a small
outfit that the free plan does not have is escalations and schedules.

This grew out of a need for reliable system down notification. It is true that
you can cobble together many sort of notification options, but if your whole
system is down then an OpsGenie Heartbeat is ideal.

I use OpsGenie for my paid work so I know it well. This extension then allows
anyone to choose how much bells and whistles they may need. Many
possibilities...

Cheers

Darryn