On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 6:49:15 PM UTC-4, Tom Keffer wrote:

> Shall we put the Windows branch into the main Git repo while playing with
>> this? Can I create a pull request for that?
>>

> ​If you wish. But, let me ask you, are you willing to be the support
> point-of-contact for a Windows port? That includes drivers. I don't mean to
> scare you off, but I know nothing about Windows and don't really care to
> learn!

i created a windows branch using the syslog-to-logger wrapper and the other
changes from darryn.

it is working for me under windows 7 with python 2.7.13 (installed from the
python.org msi).  configobj, pillow, and cheetah were installed using
'python -m pip install configobj Image Cheetah'.  data are saved to a
sqlite database, and the standard report is generated properly.  this is
with a driver that talks to hardware using modbus over a usb-to-serial
RS485 adapter.

so its a great start!  thanks darryn!

lets use the windows branch to collaborate on the windows issues.