On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 8:13:57 PM UTC-4, Robert Mantel wrote:

> Bill, I have a question about the format of the MQTT message.  I have my
> raspberry pi running weewx, I also have that unit using mathew's mqtt
> publisher to push data to my mosquitto server.  I set up another virtual
> machine running weewx with your driver, but for the life of me cannot get
> your driver to pick up the info from it.  It keeps saying the payload is
> empty, but I have mqtt dashboard running on my android phone that I tested
> with and get updates just fine.  My goal is to actually migrate from my
> fileparse setup on my PI to an mqtt based server on the freenas box.
>  Presumably Mathiew's mqtt implimentation will use the standard weewx
> labels so I would assume I wouldn't even need a label map for the wxMesh
> driver.  Unless I'm way off on that.

the weewx-mqtt uploader publishes to the topic specified in [[MQTT]], which
is 'weather' by default.

so if you subscribe to /weather/+ you should see everything

other mqtt uploader options:

[StdRESTful]
    [[MQTT]]
        topic = weather
        append_units_label = True # should the units name be appended to
the observation name?
        retain = False
        aggregation = individual, aggregate # upload each observation
individually, and/or all in a single message
        unit_system = None # convert to the indicated unit system 'US',
'METRIC', or 'METRICWX'
        binding = archive # how often to emit data, either 'loop' or
'archive'

you can also specify units and formatting for each observation, if
necessary.