Hi Tom,

I redefined the schema in a user extension (user.sunduration) like this:
*schema_with_sunshine_time* = schemas.wview.schema + [('sunshine_time',
'REAL')] + [('sunshine_int', 'INTEGER')]

and use this schema in weewx.conf:
        # The schema defines the structure of the database.
        # It is *only* used when the database is created.
        ##### schema = schemas.wview_extended.schema
        schema = user.sunduration.*schema_with_sunshine_time*

When I now naively try to redefine the extended schema (following the
defaults) in my user extension like that

import schemas.wview_extended
schema_with_sunshine_time = schemas.wview_extended.schema +
[('sunshine_time', 'REAL')] + [('sunshine_int', 'INTEGER')]

wee_database would fail with error:

TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'dict' and 'list'

The database was initially created on v.3.9.1 and extended by 2 columns
with wee_database under 4.0.0b6.

Does this narrow it down a bit, is there some additional info I can supply,
to help tracinf this?

Thanks for all your efforts so far,

Bernhard :-)