Hey Doug,
thanks for chiming in.
As a matter of fact I'm not really worried about the data to be transmitted
incrementally which, as you say, is not large by any mean.

What I'm trying to avoid is having to transfer the whole database dump
every time that a backup is performed, because that can become demanding
when the archive grows for many years: I have another station running a
similar DB and after more than 10 years the full DB has become about 400 MB
in size...