On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 6:41:25 PM UTC-7, Don l wrote:

> I have and installation of weewx on my new build of Debian Jessie. I think
> it is installed correctly but am not sure. I am using the Oregon Scientific
> wmr200a unit. It was working on the previous install of ubuntu. I an
> getting and error in the /var/log/user.log file about ever three minutes.
> The Santa page has not changed to show my changes to location or name
> either.

Agree with the other replies.

A few comments:

   - there is a lot of stuff in a debian installation, each piece logs
   stuff.  Weewx does not control what other apps log.
   - is there a 'weewx' problem you're trying to report ?  If not, you're
   asking in the wrong place.
   - google is your friend - did you try some google searches ?
   - you didn't tell us anything about your computer hardware.  Debian runs
   on a lot of kinds of gear.  Are you serial ?  USB ?  x86_64 ?  ARM ?

That said, I googled for "org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper:
QDBusConnection: system D-Bus connection" and the third hit I got pointed
to a discussion that probably is your solution.

Check out
https://m.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/4d4qfs/crashing_after_84_upgrade/
and read down a bit.  Turning off the KDE power management functions
quieted down the log messages for that person...