Tom, the standard skin seems to have an aggregate_type = none in the image
section header which covers the day plot and aggregate_type = avg for the
week images header - which clearly wont work for the winddir for reasons
you gave.  I am baffled in that the original plot appeared to be a day
plot, so should have had no aggregate.

Miguel - try and set aggregate_type = none for the daily winddir plot and
see if it makes a difference.