I think you are going to have to run with debug=1 and see what data is in
the LOOP and REC records.  Is the REC coming from the station, or being
generated by weewx software?  As far as I can see from a quick look through
weewx code it sure seems as though Tom is handling wind\Dir correctly as
vectors - and I am sure we would all have had issues like you if it had
been a flaw within weewx itself - which kind of leaves the WMR300 driver or
the station doing some form of averaging.

You could also try record_generation = software to see if it
changes/removes the problem.