That's encouraging! We'll see whether the drivers are so simple! :-)

Your port looks pretty straightforward. Any idea why the delete=False flag
is needed in setup.py? Is that a Windows thing?

I've been meaning to encapsulate the logging. The various weewx modules
vary in how they handle it. Some use raw syslog, others use convenience
functions.

I am contemplating including the convenience function under weeutil, as a
new module weeutil.log. For *nix, the logging would be implemented using
syslog.

You have nicely emulated syslog, so that could be used for Windows.
Alternatively, the convenience functions could just call the Python module
logging directly.

I'll be interested to see where this goes!

-tk