Tom,

Regarding delete=False, most like to do with the exclusive mode used on
Windows, see https://bugs.python.org/issue14243.

For logging I would advocate for a or size fits all model. With Python logging
you can also load config from a file, so this would allow developers to specify
their own logging handlers and filters if so desired.

I will most likely put this syslog wrapper out as it's own project once I fix
up the logging mask.

Shall we put the Windows branch into the main Git repo while playing with this?
Can I create a pull request for that?

Things to do

- Setup defaults for binaries, DB, HTML files etc.
- try a driver or two (I have none of the regular devices)
- run as a service

We should move to weewx-development

Cheers

Darryn