Hello I have been using weewx for a few years version 2.6 on a PI and it
works fine (changing in and out of GMT causes the pi to play up but thats
all)  no problems with the SD cards etc
However i  decided to install the latest version 3.8 on a machine running
Ubuntu 17

I have modified my 2.6 quite extensively so doing a clean install and
trying to migrate my mods over if possible

i am unable to get wee_extension to install i have tried on the forecast
extension and cmon

i cant remember how to install the extensions from a few years ago  and
using wee_extension i get the following errors

Thanks for any help

pi@picomp:/home/myideas$ dir
abcweewx.tgz  home           weewx-forecast-3.2.19.tgz
abweewx.tgz   weewx-cmon-0.16.tgz  weewx-owfs-0.21.tgz
pi@picomp:/home/myideas$ sudo /home/weewx/bin/wee_extension
/home/myideas/weewx-cmon-0.16.tgz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 83, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 62, in main
    config_path, config_dict = weecfg.read_config(options.config, _args)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weecfg/__init__.py", line 223, in read_config
    config_dict = configobj.ConfigObj(config_path, file_error=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1229, in
__init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1318, in _load
    raise error
configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed with several errors.
First error at line 1.
pi@picomp:/home/myideas$ sudo /home/weewx/bin/wee_extension
/home/myideas/weewx-forecast-3.2.19.tgz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 83, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/weewx/bin/wee_extension", line 62, in main
    config_path, config_dict = weecfg.read_config(options.config, _args)
  File "/home/weewx/bin/weecfg/__init__.py", line 223, in read_config
    config_dict = configobj.ConfigObj(config_path, file_error=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1229, in
__init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1318, in _load
    raise error
configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed with several errors.
First error at line 3.
pi@picomp:/home/myideas$