Thanks to all! This is the command that finally worked to show the
Interceptor help message:

PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/weewx python /usr/share/weewx/user/interceptor.py
--help

This is on Debian, with Weewx installed using dpkg. (I see now that that's
no longer a recommended way to install.)

So now I think I'm finally ready to try to capture some packets from the
Bridge.... as soon as I have a working bridge. Can I safely assume that
there are no known unbricking strategies, and I should start looking for
another?