That looks good. The debug messages from the sketch are showing the right
message format. I don't think you need my sketch, yours is publishing OK
now.

Eventually (depending on your mosquitto persistence settings) the bad
messages will disappear. Googling will reveal methods to clear them out
faster. I'm fairly clueless in this area, but I think if you run
mosquitto_sub as the same client as weewx/wxMesh, it will clear them out.
It might already be cleared from what I see below.

Make sure not to run mosquitto_sub as the same client as weewx when you
want data to go to weewx. The other might pick up the subscription first.
It looks like mosquitto_sub is picking a client name at random for you?