Gary

Many Thanks. I will try this process.  My station is a Davis Vantage Pro 2
with IP datalogger - does anyone know if this will allow weewx to
"catch-up" if the weewx service has been stopped for a while for some
database management, or will the records that would have normally been
created in the downtime, be lost?

David.